A Girl in C Building: A Radio Drama

180410120123/F

Summary: It’s about students who are locked in C building one night and scared by a girl.

A Girl in C Building
SOUND BELL RINGING, CROWDED SOUND

Scene 1:

DEO: Hey, Rudi!
RUDI: Hey! How was your class?
DEO: Boring like usual.
RUDI: (Giggling) (Pause) Deo, look! My angel is coming.
DEO: Who?
RUDI: The long-black-hair and fair-skin girl. She’s so beautiful.
DEO: (Pause) You mean Fia? Are you insane?! I prefer to call her a ghost than a beautiful girl. Just so you know, her skin is not fair but pale. Seriously, she’s like
a ghost.
RUDI: Cut it off. Let’s get something to eat in cafeteria, shall we?
DEO: No, thanks. I must meet Mr. Bayu. See you in the next class then.
RUDI: Okay! See ya!

Scene 2:

LECTURE: Good afternoon class.
STUDENTS: Good afternoon sir.

LEARNING ACTIVITY SOUND

DEO: (Whispering) Rudi, do you really like Fia? We were in the same high school by the way, she was my junior.
RUDI: (Whispering) Really?! Tell me more about her.
DEO: (Whispering) I’ll tell you after the class.

BELL RINGING, CROWDED PEOPLE SOUND

Scene 3:

DEO: Damn! What took the class so long? Did the lecturer want us to sleep here? Geez. This building will be closed soon.
RUDI: Wait. I wanna go to toilet first.
DEO: Ah. Me too. Hurry Before this building is closed.

FOOTSTEP, DOOR OPEN, TOILET FLUSH FADED OUT SOUND

RUDI: Hey, I think we are the only ones in this building. (Pause) Ah, I am wrong. We are not the only ones, look there’s a girl
DEO: Who?
RUDI: The one in white dress who’s just entered to toilet.
DEO: Hah? Maybe you’re wrong.

FOOTSTEPS SOUND

DEO: We’re locked. What should we do then?! I don’t wanna sleep here!
RUDI: Calm down! Let’s call someone for help.

PHONE CALLING SOUND

Ah. Damn it. I don’t have enough credits. Try yours, De!
DEO: I left my cell phone in my bedroom. I think we really have to sleep here.

FOOTSTEPS SOUND

RUDI: It’s weird. The campus seems so quite tonight.
DEO: Tomorrow is holiday. Who wants to stay here right now? Except us!

CIGARETE LIGHTER, CIGARRETE BURNED SOUND

RUDI: Hey, tell me about Fia. You promised me.
DEO: (Pause) Well, (Narrating) She was my junior when I was at senior high school. She was so strange. She always looked pale with her long black hair, and we hardly
realized her presence. Sometimes, she might suddenly be next to you. Other students preferred to call her ghost. Some students in her class also told me that she
lives in a big ancient house. Her house fits her personality. Scary .The others said that she was really a ghost. One night, my friend passed, stopped by, and
examined her house. Then, she saw a girl sat on the tree. It was Fia. Do you think a normal girl will sit on a tree at night? Only a ghost will do that. After that incident, she always looked at my friend with bizarre stare.

LAMP OFF SOUND

Oh God! Now what? Electrical cut? Damn! It’s totally blackout now. What a bad day!

CHAIR DRAGGED SOUND

RUDI: What’s that? Is there anyone else or (Pause) something else in this building? I hear that there’s a girl ghost lives here.
DEO: Stop it! You scare me.
RUDI: Let’s go and check it out. Probably, someone’s still here.

LIGHTER OPENED, FOOTSTEPS, DOOR OPEN SOUND

RUDI: Is that the girl I saw before? What’s she doing here? Sleeping on the floor?
DEO: No. (Pause) It’s a corpse. Look, (Pause) there’s blood on her dress. And this is (Pause) Fia. Come on! Let’s get out of here!
RUDI: No. Wait. Maybe we can save her. I’m not sure she’s dead.
DEO: What?! She is a corpse now. She’s dead. Don’t irradiate her face, it’s scary. Come on. We have to get out from this place. Come on.
RUDI: Don’t grab my leg Deo. Your hand is frozen.
DEO: That’s not mine. My hands are here. (Pause) She’s awake. She’s awake. (Tone up)
RUDI & DEO: WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

PEOPLE RUNNING, BREATHING SOUND

DEO: See. It’s true. She is really a ghost.
RUDI: Calm down, Deo. Now, where is she?
DEO: I don’t know.(Pause) Hey Rudi, control your breath. She may notice us if you’re still panting like that.
RUDI: No. That’s not me. I am not panting. I thought it’s you.
DEO: No. I’m not.

LIGHTER OPENED SOUND

DEO & RUDI: (Screaming) WAAAAAAAAA!!

SOUND PEOPLE RUNNING, FALLING.

DEO: Rudiii. Help me.

PEOPLE RUNNING, PAUSE, RUNNING SOUND.

RUDI: Calm down, I’m trying to help you.
DEO: Please let me go. I’m sorry Fia. Sorry. [crying]
RUDI: Fia. Please let him go. Please put your hand off his leg. Just rest in peace. We didn’t do anything to you. Leave us alone.

CROW OF COCK SOUND

FIA: I just wanna help you from these ropes. I’m not a corpse, neither a dead person nor a ghost.

LIGHT ON SOUND

It’s not blood. My red marker was leaked and left a huge red stain on my dress.
PAUSE

DEO: But, (Pause) everyone said you’re ghost.
FIA: No, I’m not. I do look pale, but I’m not a ghost. If it’s because of the gossip in our school before, it’s not true. I don’t live there. That’s not my house. That’s a haunted house near my house. I’m not an insane girl who sit on the tree at night. Besides, I never go outside at night.
RUDI: So, what are you doing here?
FIA: Just like you, being locked here.
RUDI: Why don’t you try cry for help?
FIA: How can? I have nobody’s phone number. I have no friend, here.

GASP SOUND

RUDI: Give me your cell phone and let’s get out of here.

PAUSE

RUDI: (Whispering) See, she’s not a ghost.
DEO: Sorry, I thought she was.

END

Word Count : 970
Reference: The Raven by Edgar Allan Poe that has inspired me for this story.

Thanks to: Enjelita Pusparini and Aghnia Y.P. for being my proofreader.

Link for dramatization:

References for dramatization:
Rudi : voice by myself ( I change the pitch)
Deo: voice by myself (I change the pitch)
Fia: voice by myself (I change the pitch)

Bell ringing: http://www.sounddogs.com/results.asp?CategoryID=1008&SubcategoryID=28&Type=1
Retrieved: June 20, 2014 at 10:46 PM

Crowded sound: http://soundbible.com/tags-crowded.html
Retrieved: June 20, 2014 at 10:56 PM

Smoking sound:http://www.freesound.org/people/gaby7129/sounds/218082/
Retrieved: June 19, 2014 at 03:25 PM

Running sound:http://www.freesound.org/people/RutgerMuller/sounds/50725/
Retrieved: June 19, 2014 at 04:05 PM

Walking sound:http://www.freesound.org/people/Corsica_S/sounds/44664/
Retrieved: June 19, 2014 at 02:48 PM

Light off sound:http://www.freesound.org/people/mmaruska/sounds/232447/
Retrieved: June 19, 2014 at 02:54 PM

A person falling sound: http://www.sounddogs.com/results.asp?CategoryID=1024&SubcategoryID=12&Type=1
Retrieved: June 20, 2014 at 10:25 AM

Screaming sound: http://www.soundjay.com/scream-sound-effect.html
Retrieved: June 20, 2014 at 06:35 PM

Roaster sound: https://www.sounddogs.com/sound-effects/36/mp3/302480_SOUNDDOGS__ro.mp3
Retrieved: June 20, 2014 at 04:25 PM

Breathing sound:http://www.freesound.org/people/Halleck/sounds/25456/
Retrieved: June 19, 2014 at 02: 29 PM

Chair dragged sound:http://www.freesound.org/people/Razzvio/sounds/79571/
Retrieved: June 18, 2014 at 11:56 PM

5 thoughts on “A Girl in C Building: A Radio Drama

1. 180410120112 / F

Wow, I thought Fia was really a ghost! Admittedly I was hoping for full scary story with sad or cruel ending but thanks to you my hope for scary story is paid off with a girl who sat on a tree near the ancient house that suspected as Fia but she was not. The implicit information in the nearly end of story that Fia admitted she never sit on the tree at night led me to realize that the girl was really a ghost. That is awesome! You wrote a scary story in a not scary story.

The dramatization is also good. You have succeeded in voicing Rudi. I thought it was not you because the voice is just like a boy’s voice. Afterward it seems you forgot to insert the “TOILET FLUSH FADED OUT SOUND” into your dramatization because I did not hear it in the audio.

Cool, Meutia!

2. 180410120123/F

Enjjelita thank you for your comment and praises :”)
    Actually, i think my work is so bad. I think i ruined my own work. I got problem when i made my dramatization. And, i was hopeless when I made it. Yes, i think i forget to put some sound effects. I’m sorry for the that.

• Bu Erika, I’m sorry. I did a mistake again. This is not my comment. I put it wrong. it should be a reply for Enjelita’s comment. I’m really sorry for my carelessness.

3. 180410120124 / F

I found difficulties to distinguish Deo and Rudi’s voice. These both characters seem like the same person, because the character’s voices sound the same. You should distinguish the voice. Moreover, the dialogues have too long and too much pause in some conversation between the characters. It makes the audiences wait too long to listen the next character’s responses toward the other characters. Frankly, your radio drama story is interesting, but I don’t find the climax when I listened the dramatization. Your voice is flat, no expression when in the climax. So, I don’t get the feeling of scared or funny when I listened it. I also suggest you to put more horror music background if it is scared scene or people laughing sound effect when it is funny scene to make it more alive and we can feel what the characters feel.

Word count: 142

• Thank you for your comment Dini. I also think that Deo and Rudi’s voice are sound similar. I had difficulties when I made it due to all of the characters from one person. I’m sorry for that. My work is not about horror story, but thank you for your suggestion. .